Honda of America Mfg., Inc. observes the highest standards of legal compliance and business ethics through detection and prevention of corporate misconduct.
We are committed to administering and enforcing an effective compliance and ethics program to prevent and detect violations of the law and business ethics.
History & philosophy
Since Honda was founded more than 60 years ago, we have taken seriously our obligations to society. We have a long history of doing the right thing for our customers, suppliers, associates, and communities. Integrity and respect for the individual are central to the Honda philosophy.
Importance of commitment
Why is our commitment to a strong compliance & ethics culture important?
- Honda's commitment to being a company society wants to exist, reflects the understanding that our customers and society will judge us based on how we conduct business, not simply what we say about our activities.
- This commitment is vital to the long-term success and growth of our company.
- By setting high expectations, each associate understands their individual responsibility to ensure compliance and pursue best practices throughout the company.
- It is the right thing to do!
Corporate Compliance & Ethics Office
The Corporate Compliance & Ethics Office oversees Honda of America's Legal Compliance & Business Ethics Program. Some of these activities include:
- Policy implementation
- Policy enforcement
- Monitoring and reporting
- Training and communication
The Trade Compliance Department, Security and Administration work together to oversee Honda of America's frontline participation in the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism "C-TPAT". C-TPAT is a voluntary program which partners the importers of foreign goods with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to combat terrorism in the U.S. The Honda companies in North America are proud to support the Department of Homeland Security in this effort. Honda of America's security and associate policies are used to support our commitment to this effort.
For more information contact Honda's Trade Compliance Department at 937-642-5000 ext. 8708.