Honda of America Mfg. honored outstanding supplier companies that provide maintenance, repair and operational services for the company’s four manufacturing plants at its third MRO Supplier Conference on April 6. During the conference, Honda leaders challenged MRO suppliers to improve their operations by eliminating waste.
The conference recognized the top 80 of approximately 2,100 MRO suppliers for outstanding performance in the areas of quality, cost and delivery. Last year, Honda’s North American purchases totaled $16 billion.
“At Honda, we believe it is important to be passionate about our jobs and what we can do to satisfy our customers,” said Chris Conley, assistant manager of Honda’s North American Purchasing. “We appreciate our suppliers who share that philosophy and work hard to achieve efficiency improvements within their own organizations.”
At the same time, Bill Hayes, senior staff administrator of North American Technical Purchasing, explained the need for continuous evaluation, innovation and improvement for success.
“Today’s market is fiercely competitive,” Hayes said. “Only through continuous improvement and strategic business plans can we all continue to survive in today’s challenging business environment.”
Receiving “Supplier of the Year” awards in their specialty areas were:
- Electrical – McNaughton McKay, Columbus, Ohio
- Power Transmission – Ohio Transmission & Pump, Columbus, Ohio
- General Mill – McAuliffe’s Industrial, Marysville, Ohio
- Safety – Safetywear, Bellefontaine, Ohio
- Precision Measurement -Rosewood Machine & Tool Company, Rosewood, Ohio
- Specialty Tooling – RPM Carbide Die Inc., Arcadia, Ohio
- Services – Unicon, Columbus, Ohio
- Above and Beyond Award – John A. Becker Company, Sidney, Ohio
- Most Improved Award – Industrial Distribution Group, Sidney, Ohio